Up to now the Moera Community Garden has been funded by donations from participants. See Accounts for full details.
If we had more money we could:
- Install a rain tank next to the Hall
- Put in a sign about the garden out in front of the "bunker".
- Buy more gardening bits and pieces (tools, tressles etc)
- Pay for more compost, irrigation bits as needed.
Funding applications lodged
There are some pro's and cons of going after council grants:
- Pro - allows us to do more and faster
- Con - funding it all ourselves provides stronger community bonding
- Pro - installing a rain tank is probably too expensive for our current group, so a grant might be compulsory to make it happen
- Con - applying for grants takes non-gardening time (any volunteers?)
- What else?